A US soldier has been killed after he succumbed to his injuries during a joint military operation in Afghanistan’s eastern Nangarhar province.
The Resolute Support in a statement said that the US soldier was killed on Monday.
“One US service member died as a result of wounds sustained during an operation in Chin district, Nangarhar province”, the Tolo News quoted the statement as saying.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Watch What Else is Making News
The statement said that the service member was killed conducting an operation with Afghan forces when the patrol triggered an improvised explosive device.
“The mission was conducted as part of a larger United States-Afghan counter terrorism mission targeting the Islamic State (Daesh) Khorasan,” the statement added.
Meanwhile, an investigation is being conducted to determine the exact circumstances of the event.
Resolute Support or Operation Resolute Support is a North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) -led training, advisory, assistance, and counter-terror mission consisting of over 13,000 troops in Afghanistan.