The US Presidential elections has generated a tremendous amount of buzz on social media. Between March 23, 2015, and November 1, 2016, 289 million people around the world generated 10 billion likes, posts, comments and shares related to the US election, according to data provided by Facebook. India alone generated over 40 million likes, posts, comments and shares, with over 9.3 million Indians engaging with the topic on Facebook. Not so surprisingly, Mexico stood fourth after US, Canada and United Kingdom in the list of countries for the highest number of interaction. We look beyond US and list down the twenty countries that have the highest number of engagement figures.
Disclaimer: This world map is used for representational purposes only and it doesn’t reflect official boundaries
(The time frame for this data is the same as well: March 23, 2015, to November 1, 2016). Note: March 23 is the date Republican Ted Cruz announced his candidacy for president, becoming the first candidate to do so.
And here are the top 10 moments of the presidential campaign on Facebook:
1. The second presidential debate on October 9.
2. The release of the Access Hollywood tape.
3. The first presidential debate on September 26.
4. The third presidential debate on October 19.
5. The Democratic Convention.
6. FBI Director Comey reopens investigation into Clinton emails.
7. The Republican Convention.
8. The Vice Presidential Debate on October 4.
9. Trump criticizes the Khan family after the Democratic Convention.
10. Super Tuesday on March 1.
For all the latest World News, download Indian Express App now