A lockdown has been secured near a polling station in Azusa, California, following a shooting in the area. At least three people were wounded while one is confirmed dead, according to reports. Azusa, where the shooting reportedly occurred, is roughly 30 miles outside Los Angeles. One of the voters said he was inside when he heard a “bunch of shots ring out and people from outside starting to run in before officials locked the doors”, the CNN reported. He added that a “massive shooting is happening and the police have told us to stay indoors. We are currently on locked down.”
Another voter said she heard the shots ring out, CNN reported. “At first, I thought it was construction but people came running into the room saying they see a guy with a bulletproof vest and a white shirt. As of right now, they just have us in the voting room and are trying to keep us calm.”
She said to CNN that despite officials not allowing anyone to leave the building, people were still allowed to vote while they waited. She added that an estimate of 30 people remained inside the locked down polling location, CNN reported.
CNN also reported that according to pictures sent to them from inside the polling station, a group of children were in the building when the shots rang out. According to reports, about 15-20 children were evacuated from a gym inside the recreation center where the voting station was located.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
CNN reports that the shots were not inside the polling station.
Meanwhile CNN reported that the LA County Sheriff’s Department is assisting the Azusa Police Department with the “officer-involved shooting”.
The victims were reportedly taken to a nearby hospital.
(With inputs from CNN)