Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton leads her Republican rival Donald Trump by four percentage points, a latest national opinion poll said today, two days ahead of the crucial US general elections. Clinton, who has maintained lead over Trump ranging from one per cent to as high as 12 per cent in most of the opinion polls after the two back-to-back conventions in July, faces the toughest political battle of her life from the real estate billionaire who is less than 18 months old in politics.
Watch What Else Is Making News
The latest ‘Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll’ released today found that 44 per cent of the likely voters support 69-year-old Clinton while Trump is supported by 40 per cent. Another six per cent support Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson and two per cent support the Green Party candidate Jill Stein.
In a mid-October, the poll conducted by The Wall Street Journal /NBC News, Clinton had a commanding lead of 11 percentage points. The drop of seven percentage points is seen as an effect of the decision of the FBI last week to re-open its investigation against her alleged email scandal, following which the popularity of Trump has surged.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Much of the change from mid-October comes from Trump winning an increased share of the vote within his own party, which brought him on par with Clinton’s support among Democrats,” The Wall Street Journal said.
The poll was conducted between November 3 and 5 among 1,282 likely voters. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.73 percentage points. As per RealClearPolitics, Clinton is leading by 1.8 percentage points in its latest average of major national polls. According to Politico/ Morning Consult poll released today, Clinton is leading by just three points and is supported by 45 per cent of the likely voters.
“While our final poll before the election shows a tight race, Clinton has maintained her small lead in our polling for weeks now,” said Morning Consult co-founder and chief research officer Kyle Dropp.
“There is little that could swing voters now in the final hours leading up to Election Day,” Dropp said.
The poll surveyed 1,482 likely voters and has a margin of error of plus or minus three percentage points.