Donald Trump’s son Eric participated in a traditional ‘aarti’ at a Hindu temple in Florida to woo Indian-Americans as the Republican presidential nominee’s family is leaving no stone unturned to ensure his victory in the November 8 election. Eric, 32, arrived at the temple in Orlando in a suit but changed his clothes and wore a cream-coloured Sherwani to attend the ‘aarti’. He took a tour of the temple where the priest explained him the significance of aarti and other rituals. He was also told the tales of God Rama and Krishna.
Watch What Else Is Making News
The priest presented him a saffron stole. The crucial swing state of Florida has a wealthy and growing Hindu population which could play a significant role in the election. Earlier Donald Trump, in his efforts to woo the Indian community, borrowed Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s winning slogan of the 2014 general elections and was seen in a TV ad saying “Ab Ki Baar Trump Sarkaar”.
This is the first time that a US presidential candidate has specifically targeting the Indian-American vote bank. Donald Trump’s daughter-in-law Lara Trump celebrated Diwali at a Hindu temple in the key swing state of Virginia as part of the Republican presidential nominee’s efforts to reach out to the Indian-American community.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Lara had said Donald Trump has great love and affection for India and its people. As a mark of respect to the Indian culture, she removed her shoes before entering the Rajdhani temple in Virginia.
“I really like Hindu culture and I respect It,” she had said.
Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump was also scheduled to visit the temple but the Trump campaign asked her to go to a different place given the fast-changing dynamics of the polls.