US Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson officially ended his bid for the White House on Friday after failing to win any of the early states in the race for the November election.
“There are a lot of people who love me, they just won’t vote for me,” Carson said in a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
- Las Vegas shooting rekindles debate on gun control laws
- Donald Trump takes center stage in fractious US Senate race in Alabama
- Former Republican candidate Ben Carson endorses Donald Trump
- Republican Ben Carson claims benefits from Muslim criticism
- Republican candidate Ben Carson says Muslims should not be elected US President
- The conservative hope
Carson had announced on Wednesday he did not see a “political path forward” in his campaign for the party’s nomination, and had not attended the Republican debate in Michigan on Thursday.