Authorities have located a New Jersey man wanted in connection with a weekend knife attack at a Newark home that left two children and a woman dead. Officials said late Sunday night that they had found and were questioning 26-year-old Jeremy Arrington, identified by police as a “person of interest” in the Saturday afternoon attack that also left three people wounded. A possible motive for the attack has not been disclosed.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Arrington has not been charged in the stabbings, but is also wanted on charges of sexual assault and aggravated assault for an unrelated incident on Oct. 9, Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn A. Murray said at a news conference after the stabbings.
Prosecutors on Sunday released the names of the three who were killed. They said 8-year-old Aerial Little Whitehurst and 11-year-old Al-Jahon Whitehurst both died at a hospital shortly after the attack. A county spokesman said the two Newark children are related, but he declined further comment.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The three injured, a 29-year-old woman, a 13-year-old boy and a 13-year-old girl, remained hospitalized in critical but stable condition.
Newark Mayor Ras Baraka on Saturday called the attack “one of the most tragic and savage” he’s seen. The mayor pleaded for anyone with information to come forward, NJ.com reported.
“We have to get him immediately before he hurts someone else,” he said. “As long as he’s on the street, nobody is safe.”
Police offered a $20,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.