The 21-year-old daughter of one of men in the Utah-based music group The Piano Guys has been reported missing and may have gotten injured or lost on a hike in the Columbia River Gorge in Oregon, authorities say. Anna Schmidt, the daughter of The Piano Guys’ Jon Schmidt, was last seen Sunday, Portland police Sgt. Pete Simpson said. She was reported missing Wednesday, and her car was found a day later near Bonneville Dam. Schmidt enjoys hiking and she recently bought a new tent and backpack. Crews were searching the area surrounding the Toothrock Trailhead on Friday.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Her mother, Michelle Schmidt of Salt Lake City, told KOIN-TV that she arrived in Portland this week to go on a camping trip with her daughter. After flying in, she learned her daughter hadn’t been seen since Sunday.
Anna moved to Portland from Salt Lake City in July. She is 5-foot-4, 125 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes. Anyone who may have seen her is asked to call 911.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Jon Schmidt joined his wife in Oregon, and both were at the search command post Friday.
“If anyone was up here hiking Sunday afternoon, please take a look at the picture. If you know anyone who was hiking here, have them take a look at her picture, see if you recognize her,” Jon Schmidt said.