Typhoon Sarika, the 21st typhoon of the year, has weakened and on Wednesday made landfall a second time in southern China after it brought gales and downpours to Hainan Province. Sarika has weakened to become a severe tropical storm. It made landfall a second time in Dongxing City, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region today, with maximum winds of 90 km per hour at its eye, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Flights and high-speed trains have returned to normal in Hainan. Flights at Meilan International Airport in Haikou,
capital of Hainan, began normal departures and landing last evening. The eastern section of the island’s loop high-speed rail line resumed operation this afternoon.
Security checks on the western section are under way. Ferry service across the Qiongzhou Strait between Hainan
and Guangdong Province resumed today. Sarika made landfall in the east of Hainan last morning, packing winds of up to 162 km per hour. Half a million people were evacuated in Hainan. The typhoon caused agricultural losses on the island.
In Qionghai City, 62 villages were flooded and direct losses in its agricultural and fishery sectors reached 570
million yuan (USD 85 million). The storm also damaged 15,000 hectares of cropland in Changjiang Li Autonomous County.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched