At least three soldiers were killed and 12 others wounded in three separate roadside bomb attacks blamed on Kurdish rebels in southeastern Turkey on Friday, Turkey’s state-run news agency reported. The Anadolu Agency, citing unnamed security officials, said a bomb exploded on a highway linking the provinces of Mardin and Diyarbakir, killing three soldiers inside a military vehicle. The agency said the bomb was planted by militants of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party, or PKK.
Earlier, eight soldiers were hurt when an improvised explosive device planted went off on a road in the province of Van as their vehicle was passing by. Two of the soldiers are in serious condition, it said. A similar attack on a military vehicle on a road in Hakkari wounded four other soldiers, the agency reported.
The military has launched operations to catch the assailants. Fighting between state forces and the PKK resumed last year after a cease-fire collapsed. Anadolu says more than 600 security force members and thousands of PKK militants have been killed since then. The PKK is considered a terror organization by Turkey and its Western allies.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free