A woman protester fed-up of the US election process has been arrested after she smeared peanut butter on 30 cars parked outside the venue of an environment group’s meeting which she mistook for a pro-Donald Trump rally. Christina Ferguson, 32, was arrested in Amherst Junction, Wisconsin after interrupting what turned out to be a meeting of a local environmental organisation, Tomorrow River Conservation Club.
She has been charged with disorderly conduct after allegedly smearing peanut butter on several vehicles parked outside the venue of the meeting which she mistakenly thought was a Donald Trump rally.
According to the complaint, Ferguson entered the meeting last Monday, which was being held in Amherst Junction, holding a jar of peanut butter and yelling at the club members about how much she hated the presidential candidate.
Ferguson left the meeting after being asked to do so, but after a few minutes one of the members suggested they check the parking lot to “make sure she wasn’t doing anything to their vehicles after leaving,” the Stevens Point City-Times reported.
As they went outside, one man saw Ferguson spreading peanut butter on a vehicle. He yelled at her, according to the complaint, and watched her walk into a nearby apartment complex. The man then called the Portage Coonty Sheriff’s Office.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
When deputies attempted to question Ferguson, a man at the apartment claimed she had been home all night and could not have been involved in the incident. Ferguson also claimed she had not left the apartment that night.
After being identified by a member of the conservation club, Ferguson then admitted to crashing the meeting and smearing vehicles with peanut butter.
When asked why she did it, Ferguson became “very emotional”, according to the complaint, and talked about “how much she loved Hillary Clinton and hated Donald Trump.”
She also said she had been “terrorised” by people who support Donald Trump.
“Peanut buttering is better than firebombing, and Trump plans on firebombing everybody in other countries,” she said, according to the complaint.
After the deputy explained to her that she had actually interrupted the meeting of a nonprofit conservation organisation, and that it was not a political meeting, she apologised and said she was “just fed up about the entire election.”
According to the complaint, Ferguson smelled of alcohol and later admitted to drinking beer and blackberry brandy that night.