Kazakhstan’s domestic security agency says that three people suspected of planning attacks against the country’s security services have been arrested in the capital, Almaty. Tuesday’s statement from Kazakhstan’s KNB state security service said law enforcement officers found homemade explosives, detonators and extremist literature when they made the arrests.
Kazakhstan has seen an uptick in deadly incidents this year attributed by the authorities to radical Islamists. Twenty people were killed in the city of Aktobe in June when gunmen attacked a military base and a gun shop. Three people, including two police officers, were shot by militants in Almaty the following month. The richest nation in Central Asia, Kazakhstan has been ruled by President Nursultan Nazarbayev, 76, since the 1991 Soviet collapse.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations