President Rodrigo Duterte is turning to another battle, aside from his fight against illegal drugs: smoking. Health Secretary Paulyn Ubial said Tuesday she hopes Duterte can sign the draft executive order banning smoking in public nationwide before the end of the month.
Ubial told a Senate budget hearing her department is pushing for the ban to start before a law providing for graphic health warnings on tobacco products is fully implemented on November 4.
She says Duterte’s directive to her was to have a 100 percent smoke-free environment similar to Davao city, where he was previously mayor. Under the proposed order, provinces and towns will be asked to issue ordinances to enforce the ban, stipulating penalties for violators.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls