Pakistan Army Chief General Raheel Sharif on Wednesday said terrorism warrants a global response as it has “morphed into a global phenomenon”.
The army chief, who is in Germany, said “synergy” by all will be required to effectively win the fight against terrorism.
“Terrorism has morphed into a global phenomenon and warrants global response. In order to effectively win, synergy by all required,” the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) quoted Sharif as saying.
During the visit, Sharif met the German foreign minister in Berlin and held talks on bilateralism and peace and security in the region, the Dawn reported.
- Nawaz Sharif’s remarks on militant organisations being active in Pakistan ‘serious’: Nirmala Sitharaman
- Generals and their doctrines
- The friend of my enemy
- Pakistan to send troops to Saudi Arabia on ‘training and advise mission’
- India spreading ‘litany of falsehoods’ about Pakistan’s contribution in fight against global terrorism, says Raheel Sharif
- India spreading ‘litany of falsehoods’: Pakistan army chief
The German foreign minister also acknowledged Pakistan’s contribution in the war on terror.
He also assured full support for Pakistan’s efforts for peace and stability in the region, the ISPR said.
The chief of army staff later held an interactive session at Koerber Foundation, a think tank in Berlin.
General Raheel explained the challenges faced by Pakistan, and the country’s contribution towards ensuring peace and stability in the region.
The army chief elaborated during the session that Pakistan is moving towards concluding the kinetic phase of Operation Zarb-i-Azb and have cleared FATA areas up till the Afghan border.
Sharif also met his German counterpart the Chief of Staff of the Federal Armed Forces of German.