A US military base in southern Japan went into a brief lockdown on Thursday following reports of gunshots, but declared “all clear” after finding no evidence that shots were fired.
“On November 3, 2016, at 9:33 am (0603 IST) security received a report of gunshots heard inside building 141… The building was evacuated,” Commander Fleet Activities Sasebo Japan said in a Facebook post.
“THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!” the post said.
“All clear, lockdown has been lifted. No evidence of shots fired or an active shooter,” it said shortly afterwards, adding that no injuries had been reported.
Commander Fleet Activities Sasebo is an American naval base for logistics located in the southwestern Japanese city of Sasebo, Nagasaki prefecture.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Sasebo is located some 950 kilometres southwest of Tokyo.