A Telemundo reporter was punched in the face during a live TV broadcast in Philadelphia.
Reporter, Iris Delgado, was wrapping up a report outside City Hall on Thursday when a woman named Waheedah Wilson approached her.
Footage of the attack shows the woman tapping Delgado’s right arm and saying, “Excuse me, excuse me.” The woman then bashes Delgado in the head and slaps her face. The camera quickly cut back to the studio, where anchor Ramon Zayas says, “Ay, Dios mio,” Spanish for “Oh, my God.”.
- Duchess of Cambridge's uncle charged with assault in London
- Brie Larson: Women always live life 'on the defence'
- Las Vegas shooting: Twitterati furious at Piers Morgan, Mariah Carey for 'bizarre' interview on Good Morning Britain
- Video: Woman cop assaults female bus conductor in Telangana
- Video: Woman hands over BEER CANS to reporter covering Hurricane Harvey on LIVE TV
- Watch Video: Flying COCKROACH lands on reporter just before she goes LIVE!
According to Telemundo the attack was unprovoked but the reporter is okay and taking some time off to recover. The Philadelphia district attorney’s office says the attacker has been charged over the assault.
Online court documents show she’s been charged with simple assault and recklessly endangering another person. No lawyer information is listed.