A Telemundo reporter was punched in the face during a live TV broadcast in Philadelphia.
Reporter, Iris Delgado, was wrapping up a report outside City Hall on Thursday when a woman named Waheedah Wilson approached her.
Footage of the attack shows the woman tapping Delgado’s right arm and saying, “Excuse me, excuse me.” The woman then bashes Delgado in the head and slaps her face. The camera quickly cut back to the studio, where anchor Ramon Zayas says, “Ay, Dios mio,” Spanish for “Oh, my God.”.
- On a wing and a prayer: Tamil Dalit writer Bama on 25 years of Karukku
- Aziz Ansari on sexual misconduct allegations: I took her words to heart and responded privately
- WATCH: McDonald's forced to apologise after video of security guard asking a Muslim woman to remove hijab goes viral
- Angela Lansbury faces criticism for her comments on sexual harassment
- Whoa! This woman raised more than Rs 1 crore for a homeless man who helped her
- US Senator Rand Paul suffers five broken ribs after assault: Reports
According to Telemundo the attack was unprovoked but the reporter is okay and taking some time off to recover. The Philadelphia district attorney’s office says the attacker has been charged over the assault.
Online court documents show she’s been charged with simple assault and recklessly endangering another person. No lawyer information is listed.