The Sri Lankan Navy has been accused by the Tamil Nadu fishermen of attacking them when they were fishing near the territorial waters of the island nation on Tuesday night. Colombo Page quoted media reports as saying that a fisherman from Pamban had suffered head injury, while another fisherman escaped unhurt when the Sri Lankan Navy personnel allegedly pelted stones against them after opening fire in the air when they were fishing on the high seas near Katchatheevu island.
The Sri Lankan Navy attacked the fishermen for poaching in its country’s waters. When the Sri Lankan Navy opened fire in the air and started pelting stones, the fishermen started pulling the nets with the help of winches as they could not afford to cut away the nets and withdraw immediately.
While pulling the net, a fisherman got hit by a stone and suffered a deep gash on his head. After the alleged attack, all fishermen returned to the shore.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations