The Syrian army said on Wednesday that a three-day “humanitarian truce” will enter into force in the city of Aleppo as of Thursday, according to the state news agency SANA.
The general-command of the Syrian army said in a statement the truce will go into effect from 8 am local time to 7 pm for three days, Xinhua news agency reported.
The statement urged the rebels to lay down their weapons and get advantage of the pardon issued by President Bashar al-Assad to all rebels who surrender themselves to the Syrian army.
The general-command said it had detailed information on the whereabouts and positions of the rebels in the eastern part of Aleppo city, stressing that “any armed man who doesn’t take the chance of the declared truce, will meet his doomed fate”. The statement charged that the rebels in eastern Aleppo are holding hundreds of families hostages.
Meanwhile, SANA said that rebels started evacuating the eastern part of Aleppo on Wednesday evening. A number of armed rebels as well as wounded, sick and aged people exited eastern Aleppo through the passages identified by the Syrian army and the Russian side, Xinhua news agency quoted the report as saying.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
Evacuating the ultra-radical groups from Aleppo, mainly the terror-designated Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, previously known as the Nusra Front, is a main demand of Russia and the Syrian government in order to loosen the military offensive against eastern Aleppo.
Earlier in the day, the Syrian Foreign Ministry said that units of the Syrian army have pulled back to allow the rebels to leave the eastern part of Aleppo.