Parts of Sweden’s Stockholm-Skavsta Airport were evacuated on Sunday after traces of explosive powder were detected on a piece of luggage at the security check, police said.
“The baggage and departure halls were evacuated, which has affected departing flights but not arrivals,” police duty officer Roland Lindkvist said.
A bomb squad from Stockholm was on its way to Skavsta, located about 100 kilometres (60 miles) southwest of the capital.
“The bag in question belongs to an elderly lady and she is cooperating with us … She says she doesn’t know how the powder got on her bag,” Lindkvist said.
Skavsta Airport is the fifth largest in the country and serves primarily low-cost and cargo carriers, handling around 2.5 million passengers a year.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched