A former member of the LTTE was killed on Sunday and another person injured in a land mine blast when they tried to enter a non cleared area in Sri Lanka’s Tamil dominated northern province, the government said. The two were injured in the blast in Jaffna’s Pallai area, the information department said.
Police said both victims work as fishermen and were attempting to use bombs, hidden from LTTE days, for fishing.
The explosion took place while they were digging out a bomb, they said.
In another security breach, two policemen were injured when they were attacked by a group of people in Jaffna’s Chunnakam area.
Police said the two policemen were returning from the house of one of the two Tamil students killed in police firing in Jaffna on Friday.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Five policemen were remanded for the killing.
The police said the two incidents were not linked and today’s attack on the policemen was carried out by an extortionist gang.