Six Taliban militants who were plotting to attack offices of Pakistani law enforcement agencies were on Sunday killed by security forces in Sheikhupura district of Pakistan’s Punjab province. A team of Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) along with police raided the hideout of terrorists in Sheikhupura, about 50 km from here, early Sunday morning after intelligence reports that about 10 terrorists were planning to attack the offices of law enforcement agencies in Shiekhupura and Lahore.
“During the raid, the terrorists opened fire and the security forces retaliated. Six terrorists were killed in the firing,” the CTD said.
Three terrorists managed to escape from the spot, the CTD said, adding that the militants were members of the banned Tahreek-i-Taliban Pakistan. Explosives, three AK-47 rifles, three pistols and two motorcycles were recovered from the hideout.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free