Singapore attaches importance to its “excellent” relations with India and hopes for further transformation of the bilateral ties, country’s President Tony Tan Keng Yam said Wednesday. Lauding the rapid progress in expansion of bilateral ties, Tan emphasised the importance that Singapore attaches to its relations with India during his meeting with India’s newly-appointed High Commissioner to the country Jawed Ashraf who presented his credentials to him.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Expressing happiness at the “excellent” state of bilateral relations, Tan hoped for further transformation of the relationship between the two countries that are bound by history, culture, strong people-to-people ties, broad range of common interests and shared pursuit of prosperity, said an official statement.
Tan conveyed his admiration for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s economic vision, his bold decisions and India’s impressive progress under his leadership, it said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Ashraf, who assumed office on November 16, conveyed to Tan the high level of importance that India attaches to its strategic partnership with Singapore and Singapore’s key role in India’s economic transformation and regional and global endeavours.
He also Singapore’s growing dynamism, diversity and depth in India-Singapore cooperation, the excellent people-to-people ties and an extraordinary range of regional and global challenges of common interest.
The High Commissioner also conveyed India’s gratitude for Tan’s personal contribution in diverse capacities to the strengthening of bilateral relations.