A nanny accused of decapitating a 4-year old girl in Moscow has said during an apparent interrogation captured on video that the killing was an act of revenge against President Vladimir Putin for Russian airstrikes in Syria.
Asked about the video, Putin’s spokesman says it’s difficult to judge the testimony of a woman he called clearly deranged. Gulchekhra Bobokulova was detained in Moscow Monday after she was seen brandishing the child’s head outside a subway station.
- Moscow: Woman arrested for murder after brandishing child's severed head
- Syrian military launches poisonous gas attack, leaves children among others choked to death
- Russia opposition blogger may have ‘outed’ Putin’s daughter
- Russia executes de facto takeover of Crimea region
- Russia's Putin slams US,makes deals in China
- Mountains of terror
Video footage posted online Thursday appeared to show police interrogating her. It was not clear where the video originated, and The Associated Press could not verify its authenticity or the circumstance in which it was taken. The woman appeared to be wearing the same clothes she wore during a court appearance Wednesday.