A nanny accused of decapitating a 4-year old girl in Moscow has said during an apparent interrogation captured on video that the killing was an act of revenge against President Vladimir Putin for Russian airstrikes in Syria.
Asked about the video, Putin’s spokesman says it’s difficult to judge the testimony of a woman he called clearly deranged. Gulchekhra Bobokulova was detained in Moscow Monday after she was seen brandishing the child’s head outside a subway station.
- Vladimir Putin wins Russia presidential election, re-elected for another 6 years
- Vladimir Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Highly likely Russia behind spy poisoning: UK Prime Minister Theresa May
- Moscow: Woman arrested for murder after brandishing child’s severed head
- Briefly World: UN agency reports polio outbreak in northeast Syria
- Day after,Putin says drag terrorists out of sewer,its a matter of pride
Video footage posted online Thursday appeared to show police interrogating her. It was not clear where the video originated, and The Associated Press could not verify its authenticity or the circumstance in which it was taken. The woman appeared to be wearing the same clothes she wore during a court appearance Wednesday.