Russia on Tuesday dismissed as not “corresponding to the realities” the reports in Pakistani media about it holding “secret talks” with Pakistan on the creation of China-Pakistan economic corridor (CPEC). The Russian Foreign Ministry in a statement also said that the possibility of Russia joining this (CPEC) initiative is not being discussed with Islamabad.
“Reports appearing in Pakistan’s media about some ‘secret talks’ between Russia and Pakistan on the creation of CPEC do not correspond to the realities. The possibility of Russia joining this initiative is not being discussed with Islamabad.
“Our trade and economic cooperation with Pakistan has its own value. We aim for its further strengthening. The implementation by Russian companies of business projects in IRP, including the construction of North-South gas pipeline from Karachi to Lahore, are implemented on bilateral basis,” as per the statement, which was circulated by the Russian Embassy here.
According to a Pakistani media report earlier this week, apart from deciding to use the Gwadar Port for trade to have access to warm waters, Russia also wants to join the USD 46 billion CPEC to reap maximum dividends.
“In addition, Russia aspires to develop strategic defence ties with Pakistan,” the media report had said.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation