The largest hospital in rebel-held parts of Syria’s Aleppo was “completely destroyed” in air strikes on Monday, the medical organisation that supports it said. The M10 hospital was “completely destroyed… It is gone,” said Adham Sahloul of the Syrian American Medical Society, adding that three maintenance workers were killed in the air strikes.
“The hospital is now not usable at all. It is not salvageable, per reports from the staff and doctors there,” Sahloul said.
Watch what else is making news
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Doctors at M10 were afraid that its upper levels would collapse onto the underground floors, he said. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group confirmed that the hospital was destroyed after “being directly targeted by air raids”.
M10 was hit multiple times over the past week, sparking international outrage over indiscriminate attacks on civilian infrastructure in battered Aleppo.
The top United Nations aid official said on Sunday Aleppo’s health care system “is all but obliterated. Medical facilities are being hit one by one.”
Backed by Russian warplanes, Syria’s army is pressing a ground offensive to retake rebel-held parts of the northern city.
M10 is a hospital codename used by doctors in opposition-controlled territory in Aleppo for security reasons.