The father of Qandeel Baloch, Pakistan’s social media sensation, has said that he wants maximum punishment for his son and the other three accused in the case. Qandeel was allegedly murdered by her brother at her flat in an act of ‘honor killing’. Her murder saw an upsurge in protests in Pakistan and the country passed a legislation last week to do away with the loopholes in the law.
Earlier, the accused could walk free if he or she was pardoned by family members of those who are killed. Pakistan experiences hundreds of such murders in the name of honor every year.
Oblivious of the new legislation which has been passed, Qandeel’s father Mohammad Azeem told AFP that there was no pardon for his son from his side. “They should get life imprisonment or death – I will be happy,” news agency AFP quoted him as saying.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Qandeel Baloch was followed by scores of people on social media but also faced criticism from the conservative section of the society for posting ‘obscene’ photos and videos online. She was murdered on July 21 and her brother had confessed on killing her for ‘she was bringing disrepute to family’s honour’.