A senior Palestinian official said on Friday the Palestinians are looking forward to positively working with the US administration of President-elect Donald Trump to realise the two-state solution. Saeb Erekat, secretary general of Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO), made the announcement in a meeting in the West Bank city of Ramallah with the US Consul General Donald Bloom, Xinhua news agency reported.
Watch What Else Is Making News
He also said in a statement that he conveyed to President Trump that “all types of Israeli settlement are illegal,” adding that “the Israeli government’s decision to annex occupied East Jerusalem is illegal, and we do not recognise it.” Erekat had earlier met in Ramallah with visiting New Zealand Minister of Foreign Affairs Murray McCully and called on New Zealand, a member of the UN Security Council, to nack the choice of the two-state.
On Thursday, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas met with McCully and stressed to New Zeland’s top diplomat that the Palestinian leadership is exerting all efforts to keep the choice of the two-state solution.
For all the latest World News, download Indian Express App now