Pakistan’s 4th nuclear power plant with the power generation capacity of 340 Megawatt has become functional, state media reported Saturday. The Chashma Unit-3 (C-3) has been connected to national grid, Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) quoted Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC).
“Congratulation to the nation that Pakistan’s 4th nuclear power plant Chashma unit-3(C-3) has been connected to the national grid,” the PAEC sources said. They said the supply of electricity generated by this unit to the national grid has started on trial basis.
“After performing various safety and functional tests, the plant will attain full power in first fortnight of December 2016 and a formal inauguration ceremony of the full power grid connection will be held in December,” said the sources.
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
Pakistan’s first nuclear power plant KANUPP at Karachi is in operation for the last 44 years. The other two nuclear power plants C-1 and C-2 at Chashma are already generating electricity. These nuclear plants are supplying around 600 MW to the grid. Two larger capacity nuclear power plants K-2 and K-3 near Karachi are also under construction and will be completed in 2020 and 2021 respectively.