Unrelenting in his mission against Nawaz Sharif, Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan on Saturday vowed to continue with his plans of a ‘lockdown’ of the capital on November 2, and show the Prime Minister what a democracy is in its true form. Talking to reporters near his Bani Gala residence, Khan advised PTI supporters to travel in groups, as when they arrive in small numbers the police “puts them in jail”, the Dawn reports.
Reiterating his plans to put up a show of strength in Islamabad on November 2nd to seek accountability of the Prime Minister, Khan said: “This is Nawaz Sharif’s dictatorship, not a democracy… we will show Nawaz Sharif on Nov 2 what democracy is.”
Khan came out of his residence on Saturday to meet hundreds of supporters who have come to support him from parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Punjab.
Khan was virtually under house arrest at his Bani Gala residence on Friday as police attacked scores of PTI’s workers before carting off many of them to prison.
Later in the evening, the PTI chief emerged from his residence for a brief period along with other party leaders only to tell the media that no government action would deter him from staging the Nov 2 lockdown of Islamabad.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Wait for Nov 2, a PTI tsunami will sweep even a contingent of 50,000 policemen to D-Chowk,” Khan said.