Over 70 Hindu pilgrims from India have arrived here to participate in 308th birth anniversary of Sant Shada Ram in Sindh province. The Evacuee Trust Property Board officials received the pilgrims at Wagah border Tuesday. “Seventy-one Hindu pilgrims, including 17 women, arrived here yesterday to take part in festivities on the birth anniversary of Sant Shada Ram in Mirpur Khas,” ETPB spokesman Amir Hashmi said. He said the ETPB, which looks after the holy places of minorities in Pakistan, has ensured foolproof security for the visiting Hindu pilgrims. He said the board has arranged the visit of the pilgrims in seven cities of Sindh.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Hashmi said Pakistan had issued visas to 84 Indian applicants. Of them, 13 did not come here due to reasons best known to them.
“My father who had 2,000 acre land, left his village close to Mirpur Methaleo during partition. After 70 years, I am fortunate to get opportunity to visit our ancestral place. This visit has brought me immense joy and spiritual satisfaction,” one of the visiting members Bansi Lal said, adding both governments should facilitate people-to-people contacts and make visa process hassle free.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Hindu pilgrims will return Lahore on December 2 and leave for India next day.