Pakistan’s Interior Minister Nisar Ali Khan Tuesday appreciated Imran Khan’s decision to cancel his anti-government protest to lock down Islamabad aimed at forcing Premier Nawaz Sharif to resign over corruption allegations. The interior minister while addressing a press conference refused to take credit for countering Imran’s plan.
Watch What Else Is Making News
“There are no winners or losers today. Today Pakistan has won,” he said.
“It is a win for our children’s futures, and for institutions in this country. Pakistan’s win is in peace, democracy, rule of law and reliance on our institutions,” Nisar said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
He said that government took some hard measures to stop protests but it was important for law and order. Earlier, PTI chief Imran changed his mind and cancelled his planned protest tomorrow after the Supreme Court agreed to probe the Panama Papers scandal in which names of Sharif and his family have surfaced over their ownership of offshore companies.