At least three security personnel were killed and five others injured Tuesday when Taliban militants targeted a convoy of paramilitary forces’ trucks with a roadside bomb in this troubled northwestern Pakistani city.
The incident occurred when a Frontier Corps truck was on its way back to place of posting after performing duty on Chelum Imam Hussain, SSP Operation Peshawar Sajjad Khan said.
The convoy was targeted with a remote controlled improvised explosive device (IED). As a result of the blast three Frontier Corps personnel were killed while five others sustained injuries, he said.
Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) splinter group Jamaatul Ahrar claimed responsibility for the attack in an email sent to the media, the Express Tribune reported.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More