At least two Pakistani soldiers were killed and one sustained injuries in firing from across the Afghan border targetting an outpost in the restive tribal region. The incident occurred on Sunday when firing hit soldiers in Angor Adda area of South Waziristan, one of seven tribal region along Afghan border. Security sources said the firing from Birmal area in Paktika province of Afghanistan targeted a Pakistani outpost.
Watch what else is making news:
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Two security personnel were killed and another injured,” sources said. They were part of 56-Punjab Regiment stationed in the area to fight militants. No group claimed responsibility of the attack.
Militants fled across the border to Afghanistan after operations by Pakistani security forces. Sources said that Pakistan soldiers returned fire, hitting the area from where the firing had come though the losses on the other side were not known so far.