At least 30 people were killed and over 69 other injured on Monday when two buses collided in Pakistan’s Punjab province, police said. The accident took place Rahim Yar Khan district, The News International reported. According to the police, one of the buses was on its way from Karachi to Bahawalpur and the other was heading to Sadiqabad from Faisalabad.
Police official Jamshid Shah said speeding seems to be the cause of Monday’s accident, which occurred on a dangerous curve in Rahim Yar Khan district.
He said women and children are among those who were killed and injured. He says police and rescue officials are using cutters to retrieve bodies stuck inside the two buses.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Dr. Tasleem Kamran said that several of the injured are in critical condition. Health officials also suggested that the toll might increase as the injured included many in critical condition.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s office said he has “expressed deep grief and sorrow over the loss of precious lives”.