As Oprah Winfrey reflected Thursday on this week’s election, she said she was initially in disbelief after learned Donald Trump was elected president of the United States. But the media mogul, who was vocal in her support for Democratic hopeful Hillary Clinton, found some comfort in watching President Barack Obama and president-elect Trump meet with each other at the White House on Thursday. In an interview with The Associated Press on Thursday, Winfrey said “hope is still alive” after Obama said he was encouraged by Trump’s willingness to work with his team during the transition of power. The meeting between Obama and Trump lasted nearly 90 minutes.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Winfrey didn’t think Trump being elected was a repudiation of Obama. She credits Trump’s victory to his millions of supporters who felt like their voices had not been heard.
“I could sense, maybe I’m wrong, but I could sense from Donald Trump’s body language even when he came out for the acceptance speech, that brotha has been humbled by this whole thing. I think it’s a humbling process that now you literally have the weight of the world on your shoulders,” she said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016