Global open online education provider Coursera has appointed Nikhil Sinha as Senior Adviser Global Initiatives.
Sinha will play a key role in developing Coursera’s international strategy and partnerships in order to grow its community. Currently over 140 top universities offers online courses to over 17 million registered learners globally.
- Coursera, University of London jointly launch virtual reality course series
- Now you can take a Deep Learning course online, Coursera co-founder says barrier to entry has come down
- Top 10 most popular courses in 2016: report
- Coursera, ISB to launch courses to address lack of financial knowledge
- Coursera offers MOOC-based Master's in Data Science
- Shiv Nadar Foundation to establish university in Greater Noida
Sinha was until recently the founding Vice Chancellor of the Shiv Nadar University.
“I believe online education will play a significant role in opening new doors for many millions of capable people in India and all over the world,” Sinha said.
On his appointment, Rick Levin, CEO, Coursera said, “we are thrilled to welcome Nikhil to the Coursera team. Nikhil brings with him a rich blend of leadership experiences from both the academic and the corporate sectors.”