Global open online education provider Coursera has appointed Nikhil Sinha as Senior Adviser Global Initiatives.
Sinha will play a key role in developing Coursera’s international strategy and partnerships in order to grow its community. Currently over 140 top universities offers online courses to over 17 million registered learners globally.
- Google, Coursera launch new programme for entry-level IT jobs
- Google, Coursera launch course to create entry-level IT jobs
- Top most popular online courses of 2017
- Now you can take a Deep Learning course online, Coursera co-founder says barrier to entry has come down
- Coursera, ISB to launch courses to address lack of financial knowledge
- Shiv Nadar Foundation to establish university in Greater Noida
Sinha was until recently the founding Vice Chancellor of the Shiv Nadar University.
“I believe online education will play a significant role in opening new doors for many millions of capable people in India and all over the world,” Sinha said.
On his appointment, Rick Levin, CEO, Coursera said, “we are thrilled to welcome Nikhil to the Coursera team. Nikhil brings with him a rich blend of leadership experiences from both the academic and the corporate sectors.”