A civilian self-defense commander says a suicide bomber has exploded outside a bus station in Nigeria’s northeastern city of Maiduguri, killing himself and one other person.
It is the sixth attack in four weeks on the city that is the birthplace of the oko Haram Islamic extremist group. Most attacks have been foiled with the bombers killing only themselves.
Cmdr Habuya Mahmud of the Civilian Joint Task Force says yesterday night’s bomber was prevented from entering Muna Garage bus station but killed an innocent bystander. Last Friday, two suicide bombers blew up at Muna Garage, killing two self-defense fighters.
Boko Haram has stepped up attacks after a months-long lull in the 7-year-old Islamic uprising that has killed more than 20,000 people and forced 2.6 million from their homes.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched