London police are asking for help finding two men who pulled off the headscarf of a Muslim woman in what is being called a racially-motivated attack. Police said Sunday the woman in her 20s was shocked and distressed after the Sept. 28 attack on a busy north London street. Police says she was not physically hurt.
Detective Ben Cousin said police will not tolerate “racially and religiously motivated crimes” and asked for help locating the two suspects.
Police say the two men, believed to be in their late 20s or early 30s, approached the woman from behind and yanked down the headscarf she was wearing to cover her head and neck.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
It is common for Muslim women in London to wear headscarves for religious reasons.