A campaign plane carrying US Republican vice presidential nominee Mike Pence skidded off the runway after landing in the rain at New York City’s LaGuardia Airport on Thursday. There were no injuries, the campaign said, and Pence pledged to hit the campaign trail again on Friday.
WHAT ELSE IS MAKING NEWS
“So thankful everyone on our plane is safe,” the Indiana governor said on Twitter after the incident. “Grateful for our first responders & the concern & prayers of so many.” Live television footage showed Pence standing in the rain near the plane among emergency vehicles, talking to police and other officials.
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump called Pence to check on him after the incident, the campaign said. “Mr. Trump did reach out to Gov. Pence. He’s glad that everyone on board is safe,” Trump spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham said in an emailed statement.
Trump called him from his motorcade while en route to a rally in Geneva, Ohio.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
There were about 30 people onboard the plane, including Pence’s wife, Karen, and daughter Charlotte, MSNBC said. The plane was coming from Fort Dodge, Iowa, where Pence had participated in a campaign event. The takeoff from Iowa was delayed for about two hours because of bad weather in New York. Pence had earlier posted on Twitter a picture of himself playing football in the bright sun on grass near his plane in Iowa, citing the delay in leaving for New York. Pence has canceled his appearance at a fundraiser scheduled for Thursday night at Trump Tower in Manhattan, MSNBC reported.