A group of Mexican senators is backing a “Tell Them To Vote” campaign that encourages Mexicans to urge relatives living in the US to vote in the November election.
Sen. Gabriela Cuevas says she will push for the full Senate to back the campaign, which includes videos that call on Mexican-Americans in the US to register to vote. Speaking Tuesday, Cuevas said that “I think this is something that can unify all the political parties.”
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
An estimated 12 million people of Mexican descent live in the United States.
While Cuevas didn’t mention Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump by name, she said the campaign is important to discourage any “campaign of hate against Mexicans.”
Trump angered most Mexicans by characterizing some Mexican migrants as criminals, drug dealers and rapists.