Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump today blamed Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim, who is the largest shareholder in The New York Times, for the daily coming out with stories against him. “The largest shareholder in the Times is Carlos Slim. Now Carlos Slim, as you know, comes from Mexico. He’s given many millions of dollars to the Clintons and their initiatives. So Carlos Slim, largest owner of the paper, from Mexico,” Trump said at an election rally in North Carolina.
“Reporters at The New York Times, they’re not journalists, they’re corporate lobbyists for Carlos Slim and for Hillary Clinton. We’re going to let foreign corporations and their CEO’s decide the outcomes of the (elections). You just can’t do this,” he said.
Over the weekend, the daily came out with stories in which in interviewed women who have accused him of inappropriate relationship.
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
“We can’t let this (foreign influence) happen. We are not going to let it happen where they decide the outcome of our elections. They can’t do it and we’re not going to let it happen. This is our last chance to save our country and reclaim it for we the people, and it’s going to happen,” he said amidst applause.
Trump alleged that no paper is more corrupt than the failing New York Times.
“The good news is it is failing, it won’t be around too much longer. But they are really, really bad people,” he said. The real estate mogul said he is being viciously attacked with lies and smears.
“It’s a phony deal. I have no idea who these women are, have no idea. I have no idea. I think you all know I have no idea because you understand me for a lot of years. When you looked at that horrible woman last night, you said I don’t think so. I don’t think so,” he said amidst applause.
“Whoever she is, wherever she comes from, the stories are total fiction. They’re 100 per cent made up, they never happened, they never would happen. I don’t think they’d happen with very many people but they certainly aren’t going to happen with me. Folks, you know my people always say, oh don’t talk about it, talk about jobs, talk about the economy. Don’t worry, your jobs are going to be coming back to North Carolina like you’ve seen, the economy’s going to be good,” he said.