A Kenyan court on Friday jailed a terror suspect to a total of 80 years for supporting terrorism activities and groups in the country. Nairobi Senior Principal Magistrate Joyce Gandani ruled that Abdirizak Muktar Edow was a member of Somalia-based terrorist group Al-Shabaab, Xinhua reported.
Muktar, 24, was arrested in June 2014 at the Masai Mara Game Reserve. The prosecution said he had been in constant communication with an Al-Shabaab member identified as Sheikh Hassan alias Blacky.
Hassan was gunned down by police in May 2014 in Mandera, northeast Kenya which borders Somalia. He and an accomplice who escaped were allegedly preparing to carry out a terror attack. The prosecution said Muktar had been operating a car hire business in Mandera and that eight grenades among other terror-related materials were seized from his vehicle.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free