Unidentified assailants opened fire at a religious gathering in Karachi’s Nazimabad area, killing five people on Saturday. The injured and the dead were immediately taken to the nearby Abbasi Shaheed hospital. One woman succumbed to her injuries. “Four men were brought to Abbasi Shaheed as dead while a woman was brought with fatal injuries,” said an official of Abbasi Shaheed Hospital. Two patients remained critical.
“Four men wearing helmets and riding on motorcycles came to the house where the religious gathering was taking place in the month of Muharram and they opened indiscriminate firing on the people standing at the gate,” a senior police official said.
As per the report, the attackers entered the religious place where the participants had gathered for the “majlis”. The firing took place just outside the residence of a police official. The attackers opened fire at the participants as no police official was deployed for the “majlis”, reports suggest.
“Organisers did not inform the police about the Majlis,” said Karachi Police Chief AD Khawaja. Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah called the the Sindh Inspector General and asked him to set-up “blockades” to arrest the culprits.
The attack took place despite the security agencies and law enforcement agencies being on high alert during the month of Muharram when Shia Muslims hold religious gathering throughout the month.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More