More than 22 people and 70 wounded in two separate bombings on Thursday in Baghdad, one targeting a commercial street and the other an army checkpoint, Iraqi police said.
The attacks come as Iraqi forces are trying to dislodge Islamic State militants from Falluja, their stronghold just west of Baghdad.
- Double suicide bombing in Baghdad kills at least 38 people
- Iraq: Series of bomb blasts kills at least 20 in Baghdad
- Iraq: 2 suicide attacks in Baghdad kill at least 21 people
- Multiple car bombs kill 38 in Baghdad
- Three blasts rock Baghdad,36 killed,95 wounded
- Twin Baghdad car bombs kill 31,wound dozens
A car packed with explosive blew up in a commercial street of Baghdad al-Jadeeda (New Baghdad), an eastern district of the capital, killing at least 15 people and wounding over 50, a police officer said.
A suicide car bomb also targeted a main army checkpoint in Taji, just north of Baghdad, killing seven soldiers and wounding more than 20 others, he said
More details awaited.