Pakistan Army chief General Raheel Sharif on Sunday visited frontline troops deployed along the Line of Control (LoC) and expressed satisfaction over their “operational preparedness”. Gen Sharif visited the Haji Pir sector in Pakistani-administered Kashmir, the News International reported.
It said the General was given a detailed briefing by the local formation commander on the situation on the LoC, which divides Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan. Gen Sharif expressed “his complete satisfaction over the high state of morale, operational preparedness and vigil being maintained by the troops along the LoC”, the daily reported.
The newspaper decribed the visit as “important” as it comes amid heightened tensions between India and Pakistan. Gen Sharif earlier visited the 10 Corps Headquarters, which is responsible for the entire LoC, the report said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen