Increased movement of personnel and vehicles has been detected in North Korea’s main missile launch site, indicating preparations for a long-range missile launch in the near future, Yonhap news agency reported on Friday. Yonhap quoted a senior South Korean official as saying that moves in North Korea’s Tongchanr-ri missile base have remarkably increased recently, noting that strategic provocations, including a long-range missile launch, seemed to have been prepared, Xinhua news reported.
South Korea’s military has estimated that Pyongyang could conduct another provocation on or around October 10 to mark the 71st anniversary of the foundation day of the ruling Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK). On September 20, the military said North Korea conducted a ground test of a new rocket engine that could be used for a long-range missile.
It believed that Pyongyang may have enhanced the jet capability of its high-powered rocket engine based on North Korea’s state media report. North Korea’s official KCNA news agency said top North Korean leader Kim Jong-un guided the test of “a new type high-powered engine of a carrier rocket for geo-stationary satellite” at the Sohae Space Centre in the country’s west coast.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The state media said it was a great success. The Sohae centre is dubbed in South Korea as Tongchanr-ri rocket base, where North Korea launched a long-range rocket in February and had conducted other rocket tests. Another South Korean government official was quoted as saying that it remained uncertain whether North Korea would test-launch a long-range missile boosted by the new rocket unveiled on September 20, but he said South Korea is closely watching the launch site’s moves with all possibilities being open.