Making a strong pitch for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton as the next occupant to the White House, US President Barack Obama has said she has all the credentials to be a “great president of the United States”.
“I know she can be a great President of the United States of America,” Obama said at an election rally in Florida.
“Hillary Clinton, she has been a First Lady. She has been a senator. She has been my Secretary of State. She has been in the room when tough decisions were made,” said the US president.
Praising the former Secretary of State, he said, “Clinton knows how those decisions can affect a veteran or a soldier, or a kid who needs a great education, or a worker who is fighting for a good job or a raise or a decent retirement. And I will tell you, even in the middle of crisis, she is calm and cool and collected.”
“No matter how tough the odds, no matter how much people try to knock her down, no matter how mean folks can be, she doesn’t point fingers. She doesn’t complain. She doesn’t whine. She just works harder and gets the job done,” Obama said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“She actually knows what she is talking about. She has actually done her homework. So, she has got real plans to address what she has heard from you,” he said.
He said “Clinton was in Miami last week talking about what she was going to do to fight climate change. Then she proposed a child tax credit that would help millions of families,” he added.
Obama said Clinton is the only candidate in this race who has devoted her life for a better America.
“If you want somebody who is going to actually keep your family safe in a dangerous world, then the choice is even clearer,” he said.
“Hillary will see to it that our troops finish the job of defeating ISIL. They are going after them right now as we speak. She will do it without resorting to torture, or banning religions from our country.
“She has already got the temperament and the knowledge, the steady hand to be the next Commander-in-Chief,”Obama said.