Army Chief-designate General Qamar Bajwa will on Tuesday assume command of the Pakistan Army from General Raheel Sharif at a ceremony at the Army Hockey Stadium in Rawalpindi. General Sharif spent his last day in office on Monday completing a round of farewell meetings.
The main activity at the General Headquarters ahead of Tuesday’s ceremony was the farewell corps commanders’ conference that was attended by the COAS-designate, corps commanders and principal staff officers, reports the Dawn.
According to the Inter Services Public Relations, they paid rich tribute to General Sharif for his leadership and professional acumen and lauded his services for the nation. Speaking at the conference, General Sharif thanked the commanders for assisting him in execution of his duties during his tenure.
He also visited the ISI headquarters in Islamabad to pay tribute to the sacrifices and successes of the spy agency in fighting terrorism and strengthening the defence of the country.
The outgoing Chief of Army Staff had earlier visited military formations across the country. He had also paid farewell calls on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and President Mamnoon Hussain.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016