Israel’s air force hit a Hamas post in the Gaza Strip Monday after a rocket was fired from the Palestinian enclave toward Israel, the military said. There were no initial reports that the rocket caused any casualties. “A rocket was fired at southern Israel from the Gaza Strip,” an army statement said, but “no rockets hit Israeli territory.” Israeli public radio said it was believed the rocket fell short and landed within Gaza, which is run by Islamist movement Hamas. “In response to the attack Israel Air Force aircraft targeted a Hamas military post in the northern Gaza Strip,” the army said.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Hamas officials said there were no casualties in the attack on the post, at Beit Hanoun, near the border with Israel.
Israel and Palestinian militants in Gaza have fought three wars since 2008 and there are frequent flare-ups along the border.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Rocket fire from Gaza usually leads to retaliatory strikes by Israel.
Recent rocket fire from the Gaza Strip has been claimed by jihadists who sympathise with the Islamic State group, but Israel holds Hamas responsible for all such attacks.