Four persons, including the main suspect Rana Muzamil, have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the murder of Pakistani theatre actress Qismat Baig. According to a senior Lahore police official, the suspects were traced following a clue from Biag’s cell phone.
“We have arrested the main suspect Rana Muzamil and his three accomplices. Muzamil had tasked his accomplices to kill Kismat after she severed relations with him,” the official said, adding Muzamil claimed to have invested a lot of money to launch the actress’ career in showbiz.
“After getting the job done the hired assassins informed Muzamil on his cell phone,” he said.
Pakistan’s Punjab province Law Minister Rana Sanaullah said the suspects belong to the theatre industry. He said the police arrested the suspects from Faisalabad and Gujranwala.
Baig, also a dancer, was shot dead on November 25 by some car and motorcycle-bound assailants who intercepting her car and opened fire while she was returning home after performing in a stage play on Ferozpur Road.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The actress and her driver suffered injuries and were taken to the Services Hospital where Baig died because of profuse bleeding, whereas the driver survived.
The attackers were waiting outside the theatre and when she left for home they chased her. After spraying bullets on her legs, one of the gunmen was quoted by Baig’s driver as saying, “Kismat, now you will not be able to dance”.